An already established name will be returning to the Oide Wiesn in 2017, introducing a completely rebuilt tent and the new concept of a folk singer tent.
After the Velodrom transformed itself, following its reintroduction in 2010, into a beer tent, more and more discontent voices could be heard, demanding a replacement. Consequently, in 2017 a new beer tent will be taking its spot. The new concept will be introduced by already well-known hosts: Gerda and Peter Reichert already hosted the Schönheitskönigin (beauty queen) at the first Oide Wiesn in 2011, which was, however, replaced by the Herzkasperl ever since.
The new Schönheitsknönigin will not only come with a new, wooden tent, but also with a new tye of beer tent. As opposed to the trachen- and folk-dance- and brass-music-oriented Traditionszelt and the less traditional contemporary folk music tent Herzkasperl, the Schönheitskönigin is all about traditional music-hall songs. This is already indicated by the tent’s name, which makes reference to Bally Prell’s classic of the same name. As already in 2011, it even motivates a daily alternative “beauty pageant”.
The Hofbräu beer is served in keferlohers (steins), as known from the other tents at the Oide Wiesn. The menu is supposed to resemble that of a conventional chicken grill. However, in this case, it’s way more extensive and even includes fish dishes of baked potatoes with soy-based cream cheese. The tent seats 690 guests on the inside and 200 on the outside. Remarkably, waitresses and waiters won’t wear the nowadays seemingly inevitable (but not traditional) lederhosen and dirndl.
Unlike conventional beer tents, a day at the Schönheitskönigin strictly follows the clock. The involved artists were acquired by Jürgen Kirner of the Couplet AG. Each of the different sessions includes a sing-along. For this occasion, the tent even has its own song book.
Morning pint with Bavarian music and sing-along
11:45-14:15 Reservation session 1
- 11:45-12:15 Bavarian music and songs
- 12:15-12:35 Couplet AG and guests (with sing-along)
- 12:35-13:05 Bavarian music and songs
- 13:05-13:25 Couplet AG and guests
- 13:25-13:55 Bavarian music and songs
- 13:55-14:15 Music and farewell with Couplet AG
- 14:15-14:30 Pause
14:45-17:30 Reservation session 2
- 14:45-15:15 Bavarian music and songs
- 15:15-15:35 Couplet AG and guests (with sing-along)
- 15:35-16:05 Bavarian music and songs
- 16:05-16:25 Couplet AG and guests
- 16:25-16:55 Bavarian music and songs
- 16:55-17:15 Music and farewell with Couplet AG
- 17:15-17:30 Pause
18:00-22:00 Reservation session 3
- 18:00-18:50 Bavarian music and songs
- 18:50-19:10 Couplet AG and guests (with sing-along)
- 19:10-20:00 Bavarian music and songs
- 20:00-20:20 Couplet AG and guests
- 20:20-21:10 Bavarian music and songs
- 21:10-21:30 Music and farewell with Couplet AG